The Tiffen Company Turns Up The Creative Control For Cinematographers; Introduces New Integrated 'Film Looks' MPTV Filters
Developed for modern digital cameras, Tiffen Satin and Tiffen Black Satin combination filters make talent look great
The Tiffen Company has begun shipping the new Tiffen Satin™ and Tiffen Black Satin™ MPTV Filters in 4 x 4, 4 x 5.65 and 6.6 x 6.6 sizes.
Designed to enhance on-screen talents' natural beauty by suppressing facial blemishes and wrinkles on today's lenses, Tiffen's new Satin and Black Satin filters offer subtle softening to fine details, with minimal signs of filtration. The combination of mild halation and delicate optical softening elements adds a gentle glow to highlights and moderates contrast. Satins produce a cleaner, muted diffusion compared to Black Satins, which produce a warmer, grainier feel. Both filter types have been designed to offer fine control over your images by maintaining an apparent clear, in-focus image.
"Optical filter development is the cornerstone of the Tiffen Company, and our new line of integrated Tiffen filters, which includes Film Looks, exemplifies the forward-thinking innovation behind our commitment to continued research and development," says Steve Tiffen, president and CEO. "This year, we celebrate 75 years of filter engineering excellence, and it gives me great pleasure to cross this milestone by expanding the Tiffen filter product offerings yet again. We look forward to seeing the tremendous images the creative world will make with the new line of Tiffen MPTV filters, including the new Satin and Black Satin looks."
Tiffen Satin and Black Satin Filter Features and Benefits
- Two filters in one, reducing multiple surfaces and potential reflection from stacked filters
- Satins produce a cleaner, muted diffusion. Black Satins produce a warmer, grainier feel.
- Smoothes out unwanted blemishes and wrinkles
- Gives a silky smooth look to textured surfaces
- Softens details in a unique manner, while adding a mild glow to highlights
- Effect of lighter grades more subtle, with higher grades becoming gradually more noticeable
- Made from water-white glass
- Available in ½, 1, 2 and 3 grades.