Digital Film Tools Revs Up Film Stocks 1.5
Simulate 288 photographic and motion picture film looks at lightning rendering speeds with GPU acceleration in Film Stocks 1.5
Digital Film Tools, developer of visual effects software, announced that its Film Stocks plug-in is now GPU-accelerated, making it the fastest-rendering version yet. Existing Film Stocks customers will receive this upgrade at no charge.
Film Stocks offers a wide range of preset looks as well as the necessary controls to create analog film stock presets from scratch, including color correction, curves, colored filters, sharpness, diffusion, vignettes and film grain. Apply one of the many presets and customize the settings, or create interesting looks and simulations and save them as presets to use in the future or share with colleagues.
“We have been working hard over the last several months to produce a GPU-accelerated version of Film Stocks and are finally ready to release it,” said Marco Paolini, founder and president, Digital Film Tools. “We have implemented OpenCL as our method of acceleration and most modern graphics cards can take advantage of this technology. In most cases, users will see dramatic speed increases while rendering.”
Film Stocks Feature Highlights
- 288 analog photographic film presets
- Select from Agfa®, Fuji®, Ilford®, Kodak®, Polaroid® and Rollei® color and black and white film stocks
- Choose from a wide range of historical photographic processes
- Achieve the skewed color look of cross processing
- Apply Lo-Fi photographic looks from Lomo and Holga toy cameras
- Age your images for a vintage effect with the look of faded films
- Create your own film stock presets
- Layering system for multiple film stock application *
- Sophisticated yet easy-to-use masking tools *
- Add a vignette to any preset
- Modify images with presets or sliders
- Quickly search for presets
- 32-bit image processing
- Multi-processor acceleration
- GPU Acceleration
* Photo plug-in versions
Availability and Pricing
The Film Stocks photo plug-in is available now for $95. If installed on the same machine, one license will run in the following applications: Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Photoshop® Elements, Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® and Apple® Aperture®.
The Film Stocks video/film plug-in is available now for $195. If installed on the same machine, one license will run in the following applications: Adobe® After Effects® CS5 and up, Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5 and up, Apple® Final Cut Pro® 6/7/X, Avid® Symphony®, Media Composer®, Newscutter® and Xpress Pro®.