Four K Productions Launches in Los Angeles as New Producer of Original Broadcast Content in the 4K Format
Four K Productions LLC launched in Los Angeles as a new production company specializing in the development, production, and distribution of original broadcast content shot and post-produced in the 4K/UltraHD format. The company has secured initial financial backers, and has already completed its first production, MIX: LA (pictured). The new company also has a slate of original programs currently in development. The announcements were made today by company Founder/President Kevin Williamson.
Four K is currently seeking distribution partnerships for its original content with 4K television and cable networks located in Europe and Asia, as well as with 2K compatible
TV networks and within the digital and steaming space in the United States. Additionally, the company is holding discussions with major 4K television manufacturers in Asia about potential future distribution arrangements.
Concurrent with the formation of the new company, Williamson also announced that longtime entertainment industry marketing and advertising executives Dean Blagg and Martin Gueulette will serve Four K Productions as creative consultants. Blagg and Gueulette are experienced within the areas of movie trailers, TV promos, motion graphics, print advertising, and cross-platform marketing campaigns, having worked with every major motion picture studio and television network for nearly three decades.
Four K Productions also is working with Wayne Threatt, a strategic advisor and investment professional with extensive financing experience in institutional private equity and venture capital, as its corporate strategic consultant. In addition, Threatt also is a digital image processing industry veteran, who has fashioned numerous strategic partnerships in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
“We have nailed down the 4K work flow, and we consider ourselves adept in the creation and production of original 4K content,” Williamson said. “We are committed to this new and emerging technology, and realize that we are among very few competitors who really understand how this format works. In addition to producing our own content, we are seeking to co-produce programming with partners, and we also are open to financing interesting new 4K projects that are pitched to us from the outside.”
Blagg and Gueulette added, “After having worked in long-form editorial with Digital Kitchen, Kevin saw the future as being the 4K format, and approached us to help him launch this amazing new company. We are huge proponents of the 4K format – it simply looks incredible. We are convinced the marketplace for this new format is just around the bend. It’s coming. You just can’t go wrong with the quality of this content.”
Through its association with Blagg’s company, TAO Post Studios, Four K Productions has access to full-service 4K post-production technology and services. These include audio and video editorial, DaVinci Resolve color correction, 5.1 surround sound mixing, 4K mastering, and 3D motion graphics.
About Original Four K Productions Programs in Development:
- MIX: Four K Productions has just completed production of a 21-minute pilot for a series entitled MIX. The show captures the essence of the modern day “Mixology Movement.” The series focuses on the preparation, ingredients and the making of signature mixed drinks offered to customers at popular bars, nightclubs, restaurants and saloons across the United States. The pilot episode was shot at three locations in Los Angeles.
- Travel Show with Phil Keoghan: Four K is developing a show hosted by The Amazing Race’s Phil Keoghan, which will explore exotic locations by land, sea and air.
- Car Shows: Four K is working on a series of automobile-themed programs featuring celebrities showing off their favorite vehicles, as well as an exclusive tour inside the Petersen Automobile Museum based in Los Angeles.
- Napa Valley Wine Tour: Four K is developing a program that will explore both the classic and historic Napa Valley, as well as investigate the modern techniques being used by wine makers in the area today.
- The Range: Hosted by comedian Bil Dwyer, this show presents a look at golf courses across the country.
- Professor Hill’s Magic Chair: Designed for kids, this show takes an educational slant on entertainment.
- Los Angeles by Helicopter: A look at the City of Angels from above the clouds. This show will present Southern California by air as it’s never been seen before. Four K Productions’ flyover will encompass points of interest from the Hollywood sign to beautiful Avalon on Catalina Island and beyond.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Joshua Tree is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. This show will take viewers on a tour of the park’s wonders. The series will include historically relevant information narrated by Jon Bailey, one of Hollywood’s greatest voice artists.
- Penske Wynn Museum, Las Vegas: This special will present an unparalleled collection of Maseratis and Ferraris at the fabulous Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, all filmed in jaw-dropping 4K.
About Kevin Williamson:
Prior to launching Four K Productions, Kevin Williamson was a noted movie trailer editor for many years. He held in-house editorial posts with such prominent trailer companies as Creative Domain, Digital Kitchen, Kaleidoscope, Craig Murray Productions, Seiniger Advertising, Dazu, and Skip Film, among others. During the course of his career, Williamson has edited promotional trailers for such hit films as Monsters, Inc., The Grinch, Man on Fire, Alexander, I Am Legend, Matchstick Men, and many others.
About Dean Blagg and Martin Gueulette:
Dean Blagg is managing partner and creative director with the motion picture advertising agency TAO Creative. He also is the president of the state-of-the-art post-production facility, TAO Post Studios. Both companies are located in Los Angeles. Blagg is an award-winning editor/producer, with more than 25 years of experience in movie marketing. He has been responsible for such theatrical trailer, television, and home entertainment campaigns as those promoting such hit motion pictures and TV series as Godzilla, Spider-Man, Super Bad, Iron Man, Step Brothers, Breaking Bad, Terminator 4, Seinfeld, Justified, 21 Jump Street, Resident Evil: Retribution, Evil Dead, and the recently released, Insidious: Chapter 2.
Martin Gueulette is a veteran movie marketer and the winner of dozens of Key Art and Clio Awards. Prior to starting his own company VOX Associates, Gueulette was a partner in the boutique marketing company IKON Creative Services. He later served as a creative director with both Creative Domain and Aspect Ratio, two of the most prominent motion picture advertising agencies in Hollywood. Gueulette has overseen, and is credited with having created, some of the most memorable and successful theatrical print campaigns of all time. These include those behind the hit motion pictures Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3, Casino Royale, Batman Begins, The Smurfs, Django Unchained, and dozens more. He is renowned for smart marketing strategies which are married with outstanding creative execution.