Imagineer Systems Celebrates the Season With its Annual Halloween Video Contest
mocha users are invited to show off their filmmaking tricks for a chance to win software treats from Imagineer Systems, Boris FX, FXHome, Rampant Design, Red Giant and Digital Anarchy
Imagineer Systems, creators of the Academy Award-winning mocha® planar tracking technology, is again on the lookout for the year’s most horrifying, or most hysterical, Halloween short film. The Halloween-inspired videos will win a number of software prizes from Imagineer Systems and contest partners Boris FX, FXHome, Rampant Design, Red Giant and Digital Anarchy.
Eligible videos must include the use of mocha Pro, mocha Plus, mocha AE, or mocha HitFilm features, such as planar tracking, rotoscoping, screen inserts, 3D camera solve and object removal – the more creative the use, the better. Submissions will be judged on creativity and quality of visual effects. Enter before Halloween (by midnight, Thursday, October 30th) for a chance to take part in the frightening fun!
For more information, and for video inspiration (one example below) and hints, please visit http://www.imagineersystems.com/news-article/halloween-contest-2014/.
How to Enter
- Create a short Halloween-inspired video using mocha Pro, mocha Plus, mocha AE or mocha HitFilm, no longer than five minutes. Submissions can be scary, spooky or silly!
- Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo, and tag it with “mocha Halloween 2014.”
- Email the video link, full name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions must be received by midnight on Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014.
- mocha Pro 4: Academy Award-winning visual effects tool (Imagineer Systems; retail: $1,495)
- Continuum Complete 9 AE: Adobe After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC’s most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite (Boris FX; retail: $995)
- HitFilm 2 Ultimate: Essential editing package including 150+ effects and groundbreaking 3D compositing (FXHome; retail: $399)
- Rampant Design Tools: Simple drag-and-drop QuickTime-based effects (Rampant Design; retail: $399)
- Beauty Box: Digital makeup artist quality skin retouching video plug-in for After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and OpenFX (Digital Anarchy; retail: $199)
- Red Giant Universe: One-year subscription. A community with access to an ever-expanding library of new FREE tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. (Red Giant; retail $99)