Red Giant Releases Public Beta For Trapcode Mir 2
Red Giant has released a Public Beta of the popular motion graphics tool, Trapcode Mir. Current users of Trapcode Mir 1.0 can download the latest beta for Mir 2 from the Trapcode website.
Trapcode Suite is an industry-standard tool for motion graphics in After Effects. One of the tools in its roster, Trapcode Mir creates 3D surfaces for use in motion graphics and visual effects. It is a GPU-accelerated effect, allowing After Effects users to shape, animate and light 3D surfaces in real-time.
Trapcode Founder Peder Norrby has already implemented some new features in the Mir 2 beta, including:
- Optimized Rendering – up to three-times faster
- Z Range controls (found in Fractal group); for example, to create plateau in landscape or to move fractal to “up” only so that amp map only goes “up”
- Second Pass Wireframe – it is drawn with proper obscuration and fog
- Quads, which is found under Geometry>Tessellation, and uses quads instead of triangles
- Memory Management – new pop-up where VRAM can be manually set or memory check turned off completely. It’s useful with high-end cards with >2GB VRAM since Mir’s auto-detection only works with <2GB.
While he may not be able to implement all of the requests coming in, some of the items on Norrby’s Mir 2 to-do list potentially include: reflection maps, specular maps, depth-of-field camera effects, motion blur, loop options for fractal to create seamless animated loops, and much more.
Join the beta to help determine which features will be implemented. You can see the full list and download the beta on the Trapcode site: http://www.trapcode.com/mir-beta-download/.
Trapcode Mir is available on its own or as part of the Trapcode Suite. Learn more at:http://www.redgiant.com/products/all/trapcode-suite/.